The Show is back! Once again, The Show stars Charles Bieler, Joel Gott, and Roger Scommes in a (Scommegna) Production. Collectively, these three characters are known as The Three Thieves. However, the name Three Thieves does not connote any wrongdoing or lack of integrity on the part of this dynamic and wildly successful triumvirate. Instead, the name is meant tongue-in-cheek because these three guys have procured, though some would say "stolen" once again, some of the finest Cabernet grapes in Northern and Central California and turned them into one high-class, expensive-tasting Cabernet that shames the competition. Enter The Show, the name of this act of course. The Show is in its second year; the winery's first release was in 2005. However, the sequel is every bit as fine as the original.
Begun in 2003, The Three Thieves have rapidly become legendary for fashioning eco friendly wines that out class the competition. Joel Gott brings his reputation to the table or barrel if you will as one of the finest, yet unpretentious winemakers in California. A fourth generation winemaker, Gott enjoys nearly cult status in California where he has been putting out some of California's most interesting and affordable wines for years. He has been called "one of the most talented winemakers alive today" and his wines have received accolades in every major wine publication. The Show is one of his most recent ventures and an attempt to take his great show on the road. To help Gott in his endeavor to go national with The Show are partners Charles Bieler of the outstanding Château Routas in Provence and Roger Scommes (né Scommegna), advertising, entrepreneur and viticulturist extraordinaire. Together, they make a formidable team, and The Show is all the proof one needs of that
The Show is a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, with the remaining 20% of the cépage consisting of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and a tiny quantity of Petite Sirah. The Show's labels were designed by Nashville's Hatch Show Print, who have made many a country music star a legend. The Show's labels come in three distinct colors and formats, even though the wine inside all of the bottles is exactly the same. Each of the three partners preferred a slightly different motif, so they went with all three, which should tell us a little something about these three thieves. We bet they got, or should we say stole or at least cajoled, all three designs for the same fee – more power to them. Enjoy The Show . . . it's a good one!