This fast and easy recipe is perfect for any type of barbecue! Try it with this month’s selection Château Ollieux Romanis Corbières Cuvée Classique 2010!
“This delicious salad features all the flavors in a virgin Bloody Mary: horseradish, Worcestershire, lemon and celery. It’s perfect with grilled skirt steak.”
- 1/4 cup drained bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small celery ribs, thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup leaves
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 pound skirt steak, in 2 pieces
In a bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of the horseradish with the lemon juice, Worcestershire, celery seeds and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the canola oil in a steady stream; season with salt. Add the tomatoes and celery ribs and leaves, season with salt and pepper and toss.
In a small bowl, stir the sour cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of horseradish.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil all over the steak and season with salt and black pepper. Grill the steak over moderately high heat, turning once, until nicely charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak across the grain and serve with the tomato salad and horseradish cream.
SUGGESTED PAIRING: Smooth, robust red blend.
Recipe and photo from www.FoodandWine.com. Kristina Manning