A unique twist to a classic brunch favorite, this is drink is perfect for Father’s Day or with brunch on a hot summer day! If you don’t have time to make your sorbet, store bought orange sherbet works well too!
- 2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (5 to 6 oranges)
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 bottle sparkling wine or Champagne*
- Strawberries, for garnish
- *Non-alcoholic sparkling wine, sparkling cider, or ginger ale can be substituted
- Put orange juice, zest, half-and-half, and sugar into a blender and process until the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Pour this mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until hard, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the frozen orange mixture from the freezer and let it sit to soften slightly, about 10 minutes. With a scoop or tablespoon, scrape out a small scoop and put it into a Champagne glass. Slowly fill the glass with Champagne and serve garnished with strawberries.
Recipe and photo from: www.FoodNetwork.com