Serve this ultra flavorful dish with a side of couscous or rice and your favorite steamed vegetables for a complete weeknight dinner that comes together in a flash. Pair it with a full-bodied red like Vinyes del Terrer Nus del Terrer D.O. Tarragona 2010 from our Collectors Series.
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick lamb loin chops (about 2 pounds), fatty tips trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 small garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
Season the lamb with salt and pepper and sprinkle lightly with thyme. In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the lamb chops and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until the chops are browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chops and garlic and cook until the chops are browned, about 2 minutes longer for medium meat. Transfer the chops to plates, leaving the garlic in the skillet.
Add the water, lemon juice, parsley and crushed red pepper to the pan and cook, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom, until sizzling, about 1 minute. Pour the garlic and pan sauce over the lamb chops and serve immediately.
Recipe from Janet Mendel courtesy of www.foodandwine.com