This flavorful burger features a unique twist of using fresh mint and ground lamb. Serve it at your next dinner party with this month’s Collector’s Series wine Chapel Hill McLaren Vale Shiraz 2014.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 pounds ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns or small ciabatta rolls
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 1/4-inch-thick red onion slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl; mix in lamb. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Cook patties in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes per side for medium.
Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Broil buns until golden, about 2 minutes. Top each bun bottom with burger. Toss spinach, feta, onion, vinegar, and 11/2 tablespoons oil in bowl. Place salad atop burgers. Cover with bun tops, pressing firmly to compact.
Recipe by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen courtesy of www.epicurious.com.