- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 pound capellini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is just golden, about 1 minute. Crush the tomatoes into the skillet with your hands and add the juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the capellini and cook as the label directs. Drain and add to the sauce along with the basil; toss to coat. Top with parmesan.
Recipe and photo by Food Network Magazine courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com