- 3 pounds skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chimichurri Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to high or preheat a ridged grill pan until very hot.
- Rub the steaks with the olive oil and season them with salt. Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for a medium-rare to medium, or longer for medium-well or well done. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce
- To make the Chimichurri, place the vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, and garlic in a blender and puree. With the motor running, add the olive oil, blending until the sauce comes together. Add the red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Recipe from Ingrid Hoffmann courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com