Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts
Sweet and spicy, this fast summer recipe will please your whole family as well as your guests with it’s tangy pineapple and tangy honey glaze. Try serving it with grilled corn or a bright and fresh summer salad and pairing it with a citrusy and crisp white wine like our Premier Series Eidos de Padriñán Rias Baixas Albariño 2012 that is featured this month!
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and cut into 8 thick rings
1. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the honey, hot pepper sauce and chili powder and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
2. Preheat a grill or large grill pan to medium-high. Rub the chicken with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt. Grill until well marked, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook until the bottoms are well marked and the chicken is cooked through, another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and brush with the reserved honey glaze. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, grill the pineapple until well marked on one side, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
Recipe and photo from: www.RachaelRayMag.com
Posted in Recipes and Pairings
- July 28, 2014
- by Kristina Manning