Grilling season is finally here and with Memorial Day just around the corner, these Red Wine Burgers will be a hit!
- 1 cup pinot noir or good dark red wine
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon (about 2-3 strips)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Few cracks of fresh black pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
1. In a small saucepan bring wine, brown sugar and rosemary to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until liquid reduces to 1/2 cup, about 7-8 minutes. Remove rosemary and set aside to cool, reserving 2 tablespoons for serving.
2. In a large bowl add ground beef, onion, gorgonzola, bacon, garlic, worcestershire, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of red wine reduction. Mix until combined. Form into 4 equal size patties.
3. Preheat grill or a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Flip and brush with some of the remaining red wine reduction and cook for 5-7 minutes longer. Flip again and brush with red wine reduction and cook until desired doneness.
4. Place burgers on rolls, drizzle with reserved reduction, top with additional cheese and serve.
If desired, slice a small red onion and cook with burgers in skillet. Serve on top of burgers with cheese.Quick bacon tip: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and place desired amount of bacon strips on baking sheet. Cook for 18-20 minutes until crispy.
Recipe and photo are from: www.MotherThyme.com