The 2005 The Show is a crowd pleaser of a Cabernet. In fact, if more California wineries made affordable Cabernet like Bieler, Gott, and Scommes, there wouldn't much of a market for high end California Cabernet Sauvignon, let alone Merlot or Syrah. The Show opens up with an eye catching, royal purple robe and plenty of aromatic fireworks. Soft scents of black cherry, cedar, and chocolate quickly set the tone for the wine's next act – a palate pleasing performance. Each sip of The Show glides across the tongue and quickly disappears delightfully down the gullet. Soft tannins and a lovely patina of oak add both structure and finish to this charming fruit driven, medium-bodied Cabernet, which makes us wonder why it has taken California wineries so long to fashion exemplary Cabernet Sauvignon like the 2005 The Show: this is a Cabernet that is both tasty and affordable. With the debut of The Show, we are bound to see many more attempts at authentic, medium-priced Cabernet, but we doubt many, if any, can match the performance of The Show. Enjoy this talented Cabernet, with or without aeration. We enjoyed it straight away, but allowing it 15-20 minutes of breathing time will double the pleasure and no doubt bring forth a standing ovation. Cheers!
The 2005 The Show Cabernet Sauvignon is no prima donna. It is the perfect accompaniment to everyday "All American fare." Steaks, chops, pork barbecue, grilled chicken, guacamole, vegetables dips, and of course pizza and burgers provide all the props The Show ever needs. This gregarious Cabernet also shines with a hearty salad because, unlike so many other California Cabernets, there is so much more to The Show than just power and tannin. With this in mind, we can heartily recommend the 2005 The Show with fine continental cooking as well. So put on your Sunday best and whip up some fancy fare; there is no need to dress down to enjoy this succulent red. Chateaubriand, served with a truffle sauce reduction, tiny game birds in puffed pastry, and other haute cuisine favorites will be as comfortable with The Show as a regular mid week meal. Take The Show on the road, too: it's a great picnic and party wine. And for the record, the 2005 The Show Cabernet Sauvignon does a terrific solo, too. Just be sure you have a clean glass, or two. Enjoy!
The Show is a Charles Bieler, Joel Gott, Roger Scommes (Scommegna) Production. Collectively, these three characters are known as The Three Thieves. However, the name Three Thieves does not connote any wrongdoing or lack of integrity on the part of this dynamic and wildly successful triumvirate. Instead, the name is meant tongue and cheek because these three guys have procured, though some would say "stolen," some of the finest Cabernet grapes in Northern and Central California and turned them into one high class, expensive tasting Cabernet called The Show that puts many very big names and expensive price tags to shame. Begun in 2003, The Three Thieves have rapidly become legendary for fashioning eco friendly wines that out class the competition. Joel Gott brings his reputation to the table or barrel if you will as one of the finest, yet unpretentious winemakers in California. A fourth generation winemaker, Gott enjoys nearly cult status in California where he has been putting out some of California's most interesting and affordable wines for years. He has been called "one of the most talented winemakers alive today" and his wines have received accolades in every major wine publication. The Show is his most recent venture and an attempt to take his great show on the road. To help Gott in his endeavor to go national with The Show are partners Charles Bieler of the outstanding Château Routas in Provence and Roger Scommes (né Scommegna), advertising, entrepreneur and viticulturist extraordinaire. Together, they make a formidable team, and The Show is all the proof one needs of that The Show is a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, with the remaining 20% of the cépage consisting of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and a tiny quantity of Petite Sirah The Show's labels were designed by Nashville's Hatch Show Print, who have made many a country music star a legend. The Show's labels come in three distinct colors and formats, even though the wine inside all of the bottles is exactly the same. Each of the three partners preferred a slightly different motif, so they went with all three, which should tell us a little something about these three thieves. We bet they got, or should we say stole or cajoled, all three designs for the same fee – more power to them. Enjoy The Show . . . it's a good one!
Enjoy Limited Production Estate
Discover limited production estate bottled wines such as Vergenoegd's internationally
acclaimed 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon, imported exclusively for our members.