Reminiscent of a pasta salad, this spring recipe coats rotini and colorful vegetables with a basil-flecked balsamic vinaigrette.
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled goat cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, basil, vinegar, and oil. Arrange 2 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Recipe and photo from: www.MyRecipes.com