- 1 pound cod fillet
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cured olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Rub cod with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle with pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 20 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until softened, about 112 minutes. Add olives and capers; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds more. Stir in oregano and vinegar; remove from heat. Spoon the tapenade over the cod to serve.
Easy cleanup: Recipes that require cooking spray can leave behind a sticky residue that can be hard to clean. To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you apply the cooking spray.
Recipe from EatingWell Test Kitchen courtesy of www.eatingwell.com.